Monday, May 31, 2010

Prince of Persia: He Found Me

Dastan was an orphan. He was an orphan with a good heart, but he was still an orphan. He was still without a father. And then he did something worthy of death.

We are orphans. We may think we’re good, but we’re still without fathers. And we have done things worth of death, worthy of an eternity in hell, worthy of total destruction. Even our good deeds are like filthy rags to God, the king. And we deserve to lower our head and have it severed from our bodies.

And then the king shows up. Instead of condemning the boy, he decides to take him as his own son. Dastan the fatherless becomes Dastan the son of the king, a prince of Persia.

What a beautiful picture of God! To lift an orphan from the gutter and not only clothe and feed him, but to love him, to call him son, to make him beloved. That is what God has done with us; He has not only saved our lives and our souls, but He has called us beloved. He has called us His children. We are the children of the king.

There is a scene from Prince of Persia not yet available on the internet. I wish I could quote the conversation in full between Dastan and Tamina or post a video of the scene. However, since the movie is still new to America, I can do neither. But, in my memory, Tamina was goading him, telling him that he walked just like a prince of Persia, haughty, determined, and spoiled since birth. He turned on her then, abruptly, and told her who he was. He told her that he was not a prince, that the king had taken him into the palace. He told her that he had grown up in the gutters, and then he said three words that floored me, that sent tremors through my heart.

“And then,” Dastan looked at Tamina, his face wrenched with anguish and guilt over his beloved father’s death, and swallowed. “He…” he looked to the side, trying to decide how to explain what had happened, how he had come from the gutter to be a prince of Persia, “…found me.”

I think that’s pretty self-explanatory.

He found me. I don’t know how it happened, it wasn’t anything that I did, but He found me.

0 comments:

All writings are copyrighted by In Every Movie.
Contact me

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP